Wednesday, July 23

the not-so-new girl in town

Creeping through the online fashion kingdom in the quiet hours of the night (c'mon, you know you do it too), I came across this ridiculous article about the tiny tween fashionista Tavi. Naturally I slinked over to her site to check out what all the fuss was about. All I can say is wow. Being much closer to 21 than 12, I'm not sure if I should be a little embarrassed to admit that I found her fashion sense inspirational. I'm still having a difficult time adjusting to the idea that people were actually born in the 90's, let alone admitting that one trumps over the online fashion community.

photo taken from Tavi's blog

On a more personal level, today a hostage situation was resolved.
Last night I searched high and low for the little flower brooch that could, hoping to wear it to my friend's birthday party, but it was no where to be found. I finally gave up my search, resolving to the fact that one of the kittens (probably bart, he's such a little brat) had stolen it and hidden it away somewhere with the other dozen toys the kittens seem to have "lost." I approached the kittens as they lounged lazily by the window and demanded that they return the brooch at once or they'd never be allowed in my room again. Being kittens, they just ignored me. However, Bart's resentment did not go unheard, and in the middle of the night he came into my room, jumped on my desk, and spilt a bottle of water all over my power strip. With a firm spank on the tush and a loud NO, I sent him away and refused to pet him this morning. Then, when I came home from work tonight, what did I find lying on the kitchen floor but the little flower brooch that could? A little worse for wear, but there just the same. I gave Bart a little pat and a thank you and hid the brooch in a place where I'm hoping he'll never get to it again.

1 comment:

Dana (MODAna) said...

he saw the error of his ways
Tavi is quite the maven.